Tuesday 13 September 2011

Interview : Cry







Me: Hey! Thanks for taking out time man. Tell me briefly about your project ‘cry’? when it started and how were the early days?

Cry: Cry,more than being a one man project for me is a sonic diary in which I pen down the darker sides of my life.
Everyone goes through agony,some people ignore those feelings terming them as emo or whatever and some people dont.In simple words,from pain,denial and hate this dark art I create.


Me:  How many EPs/albums are out yet and which record label you are signed to?

Cry:  Well I have released my demo entitled 'Eternal screams of silence',EP entitled 'Sui side',also a re-release of 'Sui side' with some keyboard additions in it.I have released my first full length album recently entitled 'Dead within' which is out for sale by one of the well reputed underground black metal labels known as Rigorism productions (Russia)









Me:  Would you like to work with an Indian label in the future?

Cry:  Maybe,depends on how well they can help me promote my music.


Me: Are you working on an EP or album lately?

Cry:  Well to be frank I work on the music for Cry only to let out my agony .Im not sure if I am going to release any albums in the future,maybe I will,maybe I wont.

 Me: Why did you choose to make it a solo project?

Cry:  Cry is a very personal project for me and I didnt want anyone to be involved or to rely on anyone for its music so decided to make it a solo project.


Me:  Has any Indian band impressed/inspired you?

Cry:  There are a few Indian bands which inspire me but not for Cry since I beleive it is the first DSBM project to come from India.


Me: We all know that black metal hasn’t got the proper recognition in
India yet and DSBM is almost non-existent. Do think things will change?

Cry:  Yes,Black metal does have very less recognition in India,one of the reasons why I promoted 'Cry' more out of India and places where the black metal scene is good and open minded.Things in India might change if people recognise that black metal more than being blasphemic,satanic or whatever is one of the most beautiful forms of art where thoughts and emotions are real,poetry with metaphors and music with an entirely out of the world atmosphere.




Me:8) If you ever play live in India, where would you like to play, with which bands and why?

Cry: I would like to play in every place possible with bands who understand and appreciate true black metal.





Me:  Which are the instruments you have played and which are the processed ones?

Cry: Everything except the guitars and vocals are sampled.All music is written by me alone.




Me:  I really appreciate your efforts towards the scene and now its time for me to wrap up and go back to complete the assignments but before that leave a message that you want to convey to our readers or say something that will make them listen to DSBM.

Cry:  Feel free to feel all the emotions that you are supposed to.Dont run away from pain and agony or ignore them for they can make you go deep into your soul and let you know yourself even more.Embrace all feelings equally.Support art,Support metal,keep it real,Black metal







Cry consist of Rahul Das


 


Check them out at http://www.myspace.com/cryblackmetal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers